Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Mock up

 
This is a mock-up of a music magazine using images from the internet.
The colours I have used on this mock-up are similar to the type of colours I would like to use on my magazine cover. I have used these colours because they are bright and would attract the target audience, but aren’t too bight to be off-putting. I didn’t make them too bright because the target audience is older students, aged 16-24, and I think brighter colours are more for a younger audience.
I have tried to follow the conventions of a music magazine by using a masthead, a main cover line, cover lines and a main image, but I have missed out a barcode, the dateline, the issue number and the price.
The cover model gives the impression that he is mysterious as he is looking away from the camera and it wearing a dark coloured jacket. But because he is wearing a white top, this could indicate that he is quite an innocent character.
A mid-shot has been used so that the audience doesn’t feel too detached from the cover model, so that it still feels personal to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment